Thursday, February 25, 2010

Just had a phone call from doc for my results on std? im all clear but have alot of protein in my wee?

i have quite a bit of protein in my wee- thats the only thing thats come back in my wee sample. what does this mean?





the doc has told me to get a appt to see doc strait away for blood tests. am i to worry?





i have some symptoms that apparently connect me to anemia ive been told. what does this mean and to cure it?Just had a phone call from doc for my results on std? im all clear but have alot of protein in my wee?
lots of protein which is visible in your wee may be diet and kidney related. Id do as the doc says and try and find out more about it, but i wouldnt be too worried yet ...





anaemia is when you dont have enough iron in your blood - you may feel run down, tired, fatigued, lethargics, etc - taking iron supplement tablets for a period of about 6 weeks usually helps ... but again, speak to your doc ,...Just had a phone call from doc for my results on std? im all clear but have alot of protein in my wee?
It means you may have a kidney infection or diseased kidneys. The protein comes from your kidneys as they start to die. This is important to take care of. You do not want to have to go on dialysis.
Could be a Kidney problem. I would definitely make a Dr.s appointment and have more tests done. Good luck.
are you pregnant? that is the first question that comes to my mind...when i was pregnant, i used to get the *protein in my wee* alot...for me, that always meant that i had either a bladder or kidney infection...both of which can turn VERY serious if they are not treated...so, you do need to get to a doctor pretty quick. If you are having unprotected sex, which I would assume you are, since you are so worried about STDs then you not only have to worry about STDs but pregnancy, as well....





I was anemic when I was pregnant as well...another reason I went straight to the pregnancy question...anemia is basically not having enough iron in your blood....if you are pregnant, they will put you on prenatal vitamins, and probably iron pills, as well...also, make sure that you eat alot of meat...especially chicken, which is really good for you...Vitamin C also helps your body absorb iron, so you should eat food rich in Vitamin C, while you are taking your iron pills or eating Iron rich food :) If you are not pregnant, then talk to your doctor about taking Iron and Vitamin C supplements...Iron can be dangerous if you take too much, so make sure that you talk to your doctor first! good luck!
There are various types of proteins that indicate various conditions; a blood test will pinpoint what is going on. Could be diabetes, metabolic disorders, muscle conditions...proteins should not be in urine.

No comments:

Post a Comment